1998 CHEVROLET TRUCK TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START

• jeffelectric
  • 1998 Chevrolet

1998 Other Chevrolet Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have a chevrolet K1500 4 wheel drive pick-up with a 5.7 engine. Once in a while when I took the truck for a ride, when I returned back home in a while I would try to start the truck again but it would just turn over but not start. This started happening more often until now the truck won't start at all. I changed the fuel pressure switch, the fuel pump relay and the complete full pump assy. Even though I was getting spark I changed the cap and rotor anyway, I also checked the crank pos. Sencer and it was ok. When I put gas into the throttle body the truck will run until the gas runs out of the throttle body. I have also changed the fuel filter. I don't know where to go from here.

Friday, July 30th, 2010 AT 8:55 PM

• saturntech9

First of all thank you so much for your donation. Is there anyway you could rent a code reader and see if you have any code's?Also have you checked your fuel pressure yet or have you checked to see if your injector's are pulsing?

Friday, July 30th, 2010 AT 9:09 PM
  • jeffelectric

Hi Louie, My codes are clear and the fuel pump is putting out 64 psi. I would have to take off the top intake manfold to get at the fuel injectors. This truck has Central Sequential Fuel Injection ( Central SFI System ). Is it possible that the injectors are not getting the gas to them?

Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 4:03 PM
  • saturntech9

Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 7:51 PM
  • jeffelectric

The 8th diget is R.

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 11:07 AM
  • saturntech9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part2_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part3_1.jpg

Alright follow the crank but won't run trouble tree it will bring you to testing the fuel system.Let me know what you find.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 12:57 AM
  • jeffelectric

The wiring diagrams that you e-mailed were were blurry and could not read them even at the small print. Would it be possible to send them at a larger format.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 9:10 AM
  • saturntech9

I emailed it all to you that should help.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 11:40 AM