1998 Other Chevrolet Models truck turns over but won't start

JEFFELECTRIC
  • 1998 CHEVROLET

1998 Other Chevrolet Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have a chevrolet K1500 4 wheel drive pick-up with a 5.7 engine. Once in a while when I took the truck for a ride, when I returned back home in a while I would try to start the truck again but it would just turn over but not start. This started happening more often until now the truck won't start at all. I changed the fuel pressure switch, the fuel pump relay and the complete full pump assy. Even though I was getting spark I changed the cap and rotor anyway, I also checked the crank pos. Sencer and it was ok. When I put gas into the throttle body the truck will run until the gas runs out of the throttle body. I have also changed the fuel filter. I don't know where to go from here.

Friday, July 30th, 2010 AT 8:55 PM

SATURNTECH9

First of all thank you so much for your donation. Is there anyway you could rent a code reader and see if you have any code's?Also have you checked your fuel pressure yet or have you checked to see if your injector's are pulsing?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, July 30th, 2010 AT 9:09 PM
JEFFELECTRIC

Hi Louie, My codes are clear and the fuel pump is putting out 64 psi. I would have to take off the top intake manfold to get at the fuel injectors. This truck has Central Sequential Fuel Injection ( Central SFI System ). Is it possible that the injectors are not getting the gas to them?

Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 4:03 PM
SATURNTECH9

Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 7:51 PM
JEFFELECTRIC

The 8th diget is R.

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 11:07 AM
SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part2_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_chevy_pick_up_cranks_but_wont_start_part3_1.jpg

Alright follow the crank but won't run trouble tree it will bring you to testing the fuel system.Let me know what you find.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 12:57 AM
JEFFELECTRIC

The wiring diagrams that you e-mailed were were blurry and could not read them even at the small print. Would it be possible to send them at a larger format.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 9:10 AM
SATURNTECH9

I emailed it all to you that should help.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 11:40 AM