CHEVY NO HEAT TO THE DRIVER SIDE...

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

davcla

September, 29, 2009 AT 10:10 AM

Heater problem
2004 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Our car has the dual temperature zones and we are currently not getting any heat to the driver side. This seem to be a pretty common problem affecting the temp door actuator (most likely) control panel (possibly) or wiring/vacuum tubes (least likely). Based on you experience what part should I buy first? I would like to have them on hand so I don't have to rip the dash apart twice. Also, can you give me a good description on how to locate/replace the temp door actuator? Chilton or haynes don't say much about it Thanks!

No Heat

BMRFIXIT

September, 30, 2009 AT 6:10 PM

Blend door actuator is the most common and I would start by checking it.

drewski19

October, 15, 2009 AT 10:55 PM

I had the same problem with my 05. At first I thought it would of been my left side temp actuator so I went ahead and removed it. I tested it out with 4D batteries and it still moved back and forward. Then I tried moving the blend door with my hand in place of the actuator. I felt heat come out on the floor. So I assume that the door was jammed on something or just stuck. So most likely it's your blend door which is a very easy fix. You will have to remove the knee bolsters under your steering column to get to the actuator. It'll be placed toward the center of the dash. You'll be able to see it if you lay down on the floor on the drivers side.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911