2001 CHEVY MONTE CARLO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ADJUSTMENT

• Idw2ot5
  • 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2001 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 132405 miles

A couple of days ago my check engine light had come on. I took my car to the same dealership that I bought it from five years ago. There were a total of five codes upon the engine diagnostics. The first three have never affected the cars performance in any way, shape, or form, which were items that I knew about or caused the check engine light to come on. The first three codes were cruise control malfunctioning, the floater switch stuck in the up position, and an analog Onstar kit. The last two were the fuel pressure regulator and the failing passlock housing which I did get replaced. Today (Wednesday), my check engine light came on again. I am looking at the bill and the exact words that appear are " replace leaking fuel pressure regulator, " and, " replaced fuel pressure regulator & adjusted.&Quot; Can a fuel pressure regulator be adjusted either mechanically or digitally/electronically? If someone could please review and advise, than as always be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 9:08 PM

• rasmataz

I am looking at the bill and the exact words that appear are " replace leaking fuel pressure regulator, " and, " replaced fuel pressure regulator & adjusted.&Quot; The only thing that got adjusted here is your back pocket-there's no such animal. Ask then how they did that.

Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 11:13 PM