2001 CHEVY MONTE CARLO CAR WILL NOT CRANK UP

• God100
  • 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2001 Chevy Monte Carlo V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 59,119 miles

I bought a car it drove off the lot fine then later on that night it cut off. The next morning it wouldn't start. We had a mechanic look at it and he said it was the fuel pump. After he put the new fuel pump it cranked up for a min with some wire cables then cut off. The dealer came and got the car and said it was the fuse box and that somebody had been messing with the wires. Replaced the fuse box and it worked for a day then it cut off on the highway 3 0r 4 tries it cranked back. Before we got it home it cut off like 3 more times before we got home. The next morning it wouldn't start at all.

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 AT 5:51 PM

• racefan966

So tell me does it crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all? Do you have a way to check voltages and fuel pressure it needed?

Friday, December 4th, 2009 AT 10:05 AM
  • God100

After 5 or six times of cranking it would crank. Now it just sounds like its going to catch but it doesn't. Just keep turning over

Friday, December 4th, 2009 AT 10:40 PM
  • racefan966

Ok can you check to see if it has spark? Simply unplug a spark plug wire and put a screw driver in the end and put it close to metal and crank it and see if you have spark. Get back to me on that.

Monday, December 7th, 2009 AT 12:02 PM