CHEVY STARTING ISSUE

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

ralph123

August, 13, 2010 AT 11:04 PM

1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 194000 miles

i just tuned up the car and did a coolant flush then drove the car down the road ran fine I shut the car of and when I went to start it back up it started giving me a hard time and then started blowing white smoke out of the exshaust a lot of white smoke I can not get it to start it cranks but wont start and if I get it to start it runs like crap and stalls out.

August, 14, 2010 AT 2:24 AM

Hi ralph123, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Check the oil if its mixed with gas if not-Check the cylinders if it has coolant in it-if so could be a blown head gasket cracked head or block or an intake leak. Let me know we start here

ralph123

August, 14, 2010 AT 7:45 AM

Hi well I checked the oil there is no gas in the oil there is no antifreeze in the oil and the is no oil in the antifreeze the is gas and oil on the spark plugs and they were new ac delco rapid fire plugs it had cheap plugs in it should I put cheap plugs back in it. It ran fine befor the tune up just had a slight hesitation.

August, 14, 2010 AT 7:51 AM

Why don't you use an OEM sparkplug with higher heat range that will burn off the oil in the combustion chamber to prevent from fouling that can be causing the hesistation.

ralph123

August, 14, 2010 AT 10:06 AM

Hi it wont start I have the right fuel pressure and strong spark it wants to start but wont start

August, 14, 2010 AT 2:46 PM

Check if the injectors are pulsing

ralph123

August, 14, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

Hi I still have a no start condition and the anti freeze is is going somewhere but it is not leaking on the ground the car still just kranks and that is it as im cranking it over it has white smoke coming from the exhaust does this mean the head gasket is gone or the intake

August, 15, 2010 AT 2:41 AM

Sounds like it- get it block and pressure tested to find out. Check the oil if its milkshake looking

ralph123

August, 15, 2010 AT 6:45 AM

I have the same compression in all 6 cylinders so does that mean it the intake and why wont it start all it does is crank

August, 15, 2010 AT 8:53 AM

I have the same compression in all 6 cylinders so does that mean it the intake and why wont it start all it does is crank. If they were coolant in the cylinders you would have seen it-right

Do below and get back with some results-

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

ralph123

August, 15, 2010 AT 10:43 AM

I have done all that everything was fine, if it was dumping a lot of anti freeze into cylinder 6 would that cause it not to start?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement