CHEVY AIR COMPRESSOR LOCATION

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

KIMMNRAY

April, 7, 2008 AT 4:46 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

The A/C worked great last year & still blows cooler that just the vent but not as good as last year. Some one said it just needs recharged & it should be the new system I've read my owners manual & bought the r134a kit to recharge the a/c I have looked under the hood but don't see the compressor it may be underneath but I'm not sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/176557_chc_veh_mon_ls_1998_1.jpg

dennyp

April, 7, 2008 AT 9:54 PM

You will need to charge it through the low side service port on the accumulator.

KIMMNRAY

April, 8, 2008 AT 10:40 AM

Thanks for your reply. I know how to recharge it I've done it to my truck before it's just the car is so jam packed under the hood I can't find any thing under there the battery is under the window washer tank. I'm having a hard time locating the accumulator.

dennyp

April, 10, 2008 AT 1:59 PM

Find the a/c lines. Follow the lines and you will find a service port on each line. The smaller port is the low side.

dennyp

June, 9, 2008 AT 10:10 PM

The service ports should be near the air cleaner box. They are difficult to find.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour