Turn signals

KRISTI2331
  • 1986 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
Where is my flasher or turn signal indicator located? I have a 1986 monte carlo. The blinkers stopped working and it is not the fuse. Neither my husband nor myself can find the flasher to replace it. Can you tell me where to find it.
Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 8:27 AM

JOHNYPHANTOM
If i remember right it's on the fuse box , look for either a round canister about the size of a half dollar, about an inch long. Here is the location of the flasher (blue arrow) in the diagrams below and a guide to help see what's going on.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/turn-signals-not-working-blinker

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please run this test and get back to us.
Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 8:41 AM
FREDA.JIM@NS.SYMPATICO.CA
Thank you for this post I found the flasher and now my signals are working :) I love this site.
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 AT 12:30 PM
JNNFROSAL
  • 1982 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
1982 Chevy Monte Carlo Automatic

I need the wiring diagram for the electral wiring for the turn signals and hazard lights
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 AT 12:30 PM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
Closest I could come is 84....

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Monte_1.jpg

+1
83MONTECARLO
  • 1983 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
1983 Chevy Monte Carlo

im having problems with the brake lights and turn signals, when I got the car nothing worked in the rear, I found it was not grounded so I did that, got the tail lights to work, brake lights and only the right turn signal, then something happened no brake lights or turn signals, I put in a new flasher the turn signals flash up front but not in the rear, parking lights come on but no brake light, I checked the fuses nothing blown, what could have caused this to happen, please help
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 AT 12:31 PM (Merged)
SCOTTY DEE
You will need a wiring diagram for the exterior lighting. Visually inspect every inch of the wiring and you're going to find corrosion in some areas and chaffing in others. 27 years does a lot of damage to wiring.
ADAM DUTCHOVER
I have an 83 and ass well on my 83 I had the same problem I inspected all the wires nd it found a short in a area that u dnt see when wires are installed thats was my problem