CHEVY TEMP,GAS,OIL PRESSURE,VOLTAGE GAUGES

1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

monte_guy_85

May, 26, 2009 AT 9:31 PM

1985 Chevy Monte Carlo V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a problem with the Temp, Gas, Oil Pressure, Voltage gauges on my 85 monte carlo ss. The gauges do not work. After turning on the car the gauges will not read at all. They all do not respond even a little bit. I have taken off the dash and replaced the gauges but they still are unresponsive. I cannot seem to find the problem. The only time the gauges do work is if the temperature outside is somewhere near freezing.I am compleately stumped as to why but they will come on for a few mins and once the car is warmed up they turn off and will not come back on. Any info on this would help me tremendously. I am not having to calculate the milage to figure out how much gas I have left which is very difficult to remember at all times. Thank You Very Much!

Docfixit

May, 27, 2009 AT 1:32 PM

Hi
think your problem is with the printed cicuit board and/or the wire connector. Pull cluster use ohm meter see if there is an open from connector to gagues.
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement