OBD ERROR CODES

Chevrolet Malibu

danbert8

February, 7, 2007 AT 7:02 AM

I recently got an OBD reader since my check engine light was sporadically coming on and off. My car is a 1999 Malibu, 97000 miles, v6.

The OBD error codes are:
P0135
P1665
P1676

I looked up the error codes, but I was wondering if these errors are fixable by me. I am pretty experienced with electronics (I build my own computers), and it would be nice to save a couple bucks if I can fix it myself.

Also, is there a possibility that the error codes are as a result of the recent extremely cold weather (around 0 degrees F here).

Service Writer

February, 8, 2007 AT 5:49 PM

Evap solenoid control-p1665
fuel pump PWM control circuit--1667
po1355-ho2s heater curcuit

Unless you have a lift, it may be a nightmare to try yourself.

danbert8

February, 26, 2007 AT 3:30 PM

Since the error codes all relate to the O2 sensor, is there another method I could use to know that the O2 sensor is bad? I read up on the purpose of the O2 sensor, and it seems like mine is fine. The engine runs fine, I get 29MPG (highway) which isn't bad considering it has almost 100,000 miles on it, and the exhaust appears and smells normal. Also, does anyone know how easy it is to replace O2 sensors?