Mirror Face Replacement
Caution: Refer to Eye Protection Caution in Service Precautions.
1. Carefully push the outside rearview mirror face on the inner edge (near the front door window glass) to allow finger access.
2. Grasp the mirror face firmly and pull it from the mirror body.
3. Remove the outside rearview mirror case from the outside rearview mirror housing and disconnect the heater wire (if equipped).
4. Remove the 2 jackscrews from back of the mirror case
o Bend the 2 jackscrews over.
o Press down on the side of the jackscrew popping the screw from the mirror glass case.
o Save the jackscrews for reinstallation to the mirror motor.
Important: The jackscrew springs must be positioned on the fingers (opposite the ball end) to compress the fingers.
1. Push the jackscrews into the mirror motor.
2. Rotate both jackscrews to position the ball flanges to be inline with the attaching hub. They will then be correctly positioned to the mirror face.
3. Install the electric heater wire to the mirror, if equipped.
4. Align the wire stabilizers (if equipped) on the mirror case to the motor. Also align the mirror case to the motor.
5. With the palm of your gloved hand, press firmly on the center of the glass until the case seats onto the motor.
6. With the palm of you gloved hand pivot the mirror face to engage the jackscrews. The jackscrews will give a clicking noise when properly seated.
7. Inspect the mirror operation and clean the glass face.
There you go.
Monday, October 11th, 2010 AT 7:17 PM