CHEVY WHITE SMOKE COMING OUT THE EXHAUST PIPES

2001 Chevrolet Malibu

tenna

April, 2, 2009 AT 7:30 PM

2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145555 miles

ok I recently just got a oil change 2 weeks ago now when im at a red light or something and I excelerate fast white smoke comes out the exhaust pipes what is that and what should I do

soufcarolina29

April, 2, 2009 AT 9:02 PM

The white smoke usually means water is getting into your engine. It could be from the head gasket. You definitely want to get that checked out immediately.

tenna

April, 3, 2009 AT 2:45 PM

So if I replace my water pump would that resolve my problems cause I took it to the shop and they say just buy a new engine I cant afford that

soufcarolina29

April, 4, 2009 AT 12:55 AM

Replacing the water pump isnt going to solve that problem. I have a friend with a 2001 Impala that had the same problem. He had to replace his head gasket. U could have a bad intake gasket, head gasket or bad seals. Either way I would take it to a professional. Replacing a gasket is cheaper than an entire engine.

tenna

April, 5, 2009 AT 2:51 PM

So why did it wait till I got a oil change for this to start happening

obxautomedic

April, 5, 2009 AT 3:48 PM

soufcarolina29 is correct about it being a head gasket or intake gasket. And you should have it checked and repaired as soon as you can. Any garage that says you need a new engine, don't deal with. However if you run it to long you can and will do enough damage to the engine that you will need a new engine.

It was just a coincidence. If you had been later getting the oil change it would have happen before hand. There is no set time or place that a head gasket or intake gasket or for that matter any gasket or seal in an engine to decide it has had enough and it fail.

.

tenna

April, 5, 2009 AT 5:34 PM

So how much does a head gasket job runs

obxautomedic

April, 5, 2009 AT 8:13 PM

A lot will depend on the labor rate and parts cost in your area. It can cost from $1,000 - $1,500.

.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla