CHEVY FUEL LINE

2001 Chevrolet Malibu

tyesangel06

November, 1, 2009 AT 7:32 PM

2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I ran my car out of gas on the side of the road, went and got my gas and put it in the car. The car still wouldn't start. I can still hear the fuel pump when I turn the key. We have tried putting more gas into it, we have tried turning the key 8-10 times while battery is being charged. I know it is not the theft system, I am familiar with that already. We have checked all the fuses. We have also check for the blue spark, and it does have it. So we know it is a fuel problem. When we press on the valve on the fuel rail to check pressure there is no gas coming out and no pressure. Could the filter be plugged or what else could it be?

Docfixit

November, 3, 2009 AT 3:51 PM

Filter is good idea if has not been replaced in last 30K miles liklely. Often times when car runs out of gas the pump fails do to over heating cause fuel helps keep pump motor cool.

Mike L23

November, 16, 2009 AT 9:05 PM

This happened to my 99 Malibu. I had to change the pump. The pump was running but the gas was coming out a vent hole in the top of the pump. Don't know why but the new pump fixed it.

Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L