2001 Chevy Malibu Exhaust flange studs

ALPHAWOLF
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU
I was hearing noises from my exhaust system, and took a peek and saw that it looked like my exhaust gasket needed to be replaced (between the resonator and muffler). I took a wrench to loosen the nut, and it turns out the stud/nut was completely corroded, and snapped off with the lightest turn of a wrench (which is why the exhaust gasket was making noise, since it was completely loose). I looked online to see what stud to use, and found on one parts site what they proposed to use an M10 x 1.5 stud set. The original stud was M8 it appears (it is a 13mm nut, so that means it was an M8). The new studs are 62mm long, which seems too long (I haven't taken the whole thing apart yet, so I can't tell yet). I have no problem tapping it, and putting an M10 in will be better since the M8 is all rusted, but I'm just worried the new stud is too long, and can't find any specifications for it. Does anyone have the specs for them? Thanks!
Thursday, April 16th, 2009 AT 7:38 PM

BLACKOP555
Drill out thebolts and put in any bolt you dont need a special kind. Just one that fits snug and tightens up good.
Sunday, April 19th, 2009 AT 9:35 AM