Vacuum diagram

1000DLRBILL
  • 2000 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Engine problem 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

I replaced the intake manifold (lower gaskets). Everything is working fine except during reassembly I was unable to locate the vacuum line that hooks to the upper intake plenum right by the fuel pressure regulator. After some searching I found the broken off end of the line in the engine compartment. I cannot find the rest of the line or any unused vacuum port anywhere. There is no vacuum diag. Anywhere on the car or in my Haynes repair manual. My gas milage is poor. No engine trouble codes are being set. It doesn't hook to the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor on the v6 is mounted directly to the upper intake plenum by the ignition coils, and connects to the plenum with a very short tube. It is connected and working. There is also a line which goes from the MAP to the fuel pressure regulator. The line and port in question is located close to the fuel pressure regulator on the front driver side corner of the upper intake plenum.
Wednesday, December 26th, 2007 AT 1:26 PM

BMRFIXIT

Here is a vacuum line diagram for he engine and emissions systems.

Here is how you find a vacuum leak

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-an-engine-vacuum-gauge

Here are the diagrams (below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+3
Sunday, December 30th, 2007 AT 6:49 PM
1000DLRBILL
Thank you this is just what I needed. I just want to say it sure is great having a site where you can go and get great information for free god bless 2Carpros
+3
Sunday, December 30th, 2007 AT 8:12 PM
KEN
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers, Ken
Thursday, November 9th, 2017 AT 7:13 PM
BREN JIMENEZ
Hey on the first image number 8 is that the white plastic line that connects on the top side of the plenum and runs threw the wire loom toward the fire wall?
Thursday, March 8th, 2018 AT 2:40 PM
KEN
That vacuum line runs the HVAC system inside the car.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, March 9th, 2018 AT 12:47 PM