CHEVY HEATER FAN LOCATION

1999 Chevrolet Lumina

lumina999

May, 21, 2010 AT 11:53 AM

Heater problem
1999 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

I have a 1999 Chevy Lumina Coupe and the heater fan is very loud when turned on i'm sure there are leaves, etc stuck inside and i'm losing the full potential of the fan my question is where is the location for the heater fan I want to clean it out, is it under the passenger side? Where do I begin? Thanks Rick

bluelightnin6

May, 21, 2010 AT 5:30 PM

Blower motor is behind right-side sound insulator panel, behind dash. Just remove this panel and pull away some of the carpeting and you will access the blower motor.

lumina999

May, 21, 2010 AT 10:38 PM

This panel your talking about is it underneath behind the glove box or toward the back against the firewall?

Thanks !

Rick

bluelightnin6

May, 21, 2010 AT 10:49 PM

Sorry for confusion, its the decorative trim panel down by the passenger's feet area. Remove that panel by removing the retainers and disconnecting the courtesy lamp.

lumina999

May, 21, 2010 AT 11:24 PM

This Sunday I'll have to get down in there and see what your talking about i'm sure I will find it, i'm going to turn on the fan motor on and feel for the vibration, this fan noise has been this way since I bought the car 4 years ago at 28,000 and it's about time I fix it and can't wait till see what's in there, i'm losing all the fan power, otherwise it's a great car and good on gas !

I will respond when I fix it.

Thanks again!

Rick

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe