1998 Chevy Lumina Car doesn't start.

ESTEBANELO
  • 1998 CHEVROLET LUMINA
I stop to put gas and when tried to start the car again didn't start. I tripped fron the starter and it did run but after few second when off.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 3:45 PM

Hi estebanelo, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 3:57 PM
ESTEBANELO
The car start when tripped from the starte, but goes of fater few seconds, if Itry to started with the key it wound make any noise at all
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 4:04 PM
Check and test the park and neutral switch and ignition switch make sure the battery and connection are good.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
ESTEBANELO
I already check all that and were found ok.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 5:06 PM
Itry to started with the key it wound make any noise at all

If you're trying to say it won't crank over when you turn the key to starting position-check and test the theft deterrent relay and the theft deterrent module located behind the dash above the glove box.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_atd_1.jpg

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 5:19 PM