CHEVY SPEEDOMETER DOESN'T WORK

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

beccaandme

1997 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I recently installed a cd player in my car that I recieved for Christmas. After installing my CD player I was driving and realized my speedometer was no longer working. I went back and checked all the wiring to assure that everything was connected and nothing got bumped. After jiggling some wires (no clue which ones) it worked again for a few miles and then it quit working again. After this I replaced my speed sensor that is located on the transmission and the connector and wire that plugs into it. It still will not work. What else could be wrong I could not find any fuses or anything for my speedometer. Oh my odometer also does not work anymore. Any suggestions to fix this?

whay2kool

March, 22, 2011 AT 5:39 PM

I also have a 97 lumina and the same thing happend to me. I put a new radio in it and the speedometer and odometer quit working. I have no idea how to fix it so if you have any luck will you tell me what to do.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon