CHEVY INDICATOR LIGHTS

1995 Chevrolet Lumina

shortie8802@yahoo.com

May, 31, 2008 AT 8:23 PM

Brakes problem
1995 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

The brake indicator light came on and so I checked the emergency brake and did a front brake job and the rear drums were checked and fine. I was wondering if the indicator light goes off when the problem is fixed or if I have to manually shut it off.

merlin2021

May, 31, 2008 AT 8:26 PM

Depends which light? The red one or the ABS? The red one goes on for two different reasons, one is low fluid in the master, and the other if it does not have a seperate light, is the parking brake switch. Check the switch at the lever and the fluid in the master.

shortie8802@yahoo.com

May, 31, 2008 AT 8:57 PM

It's red brake light not the abs light and the e-brake is fine and the fluid is checked, but the light stays on, is there a way for me to just shut the light off or do I need a computer to do that?

merlin2021

June, 1, 2008 AT 6:35 AM

The other reason it comes on is if you have a leak in the brake system, Have you done any brake work on it? Added any fluid other than DOT 3 brake fluid to the master? The proportioning valve can be off center if the system was opened and not bled prpperly.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro