1991 CHEVY LUMINA MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR

• Dave1764
  • 1991 CHEVROLET LUMINA

1991 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I need to find and clean the mass aid flow senor can anyone tell me where it is and how to clean it?

Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 3:10 PM

• Merlin2021

Follow the air intake plenum to the filter, usually at's right above the filter, in the airway, use Q-tip with alcohol to clean the heated wire inside it.

Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 3:31 PM
  • Dave1764

The only sensor above the air filter is the air charge sensor. I followed it from the filter box up to the throttle body and can't find it is it bolted into the throttle bory near the throyyle position sensor or idle air control valve?

Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 3:57 PM
  • Mastertechtim

I believe you have a 3.1 litre T engine (the eighth letter of the v.I. In.) And that engine does not have one. If you have the odd duck 3.8l oldsmobile engine in it. The mass air flow is bolted to the throttle body

Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 4:16 PM
  • Dave1764

Thank you. The reason I was asking is the car from idle when you go to take off as soon as you push the accelerator it dies. Someone told me that that is usually a characteristic of a fouled mass air flow sensor. I coudn't find one so that is why I wrote. Any other suggestions?

Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 AT 9:49 AM