JUST BROKE A PISTON RING

Chevrolet Impala

pilincoln

Okay, my daughter has a 91 Amigo and just when we thought we were finally out of the "repair/replace" woods, a ring busted in the block. Now, we have literally invested so much in mechanics as well as all exterior/interior stuff, not to mention new exhaust, clutch, etc.

What do we do? The mechanic says to junk it but would it not make more sense to go ahead and fix it? Would we not be able to recoup some of our money that way? I mean, what else could possibly go wrong? We just replaced the heads in December.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Mom and Daughter in MS

Jack42

Never say " what could be left" It depends on if you like the car and how much you would be willing to spend to replace it

jough626

June, 17, 2006 AT 7:47 PM

Buy a used amigo, or a another engine. Take of the heads and sell those to make your money back, or if they were brand new, put them on the new block. With prices of Isuzu's going down every hour, maybe you could just buy another amigo. Keep your old one for parts, or sell every piece of it on eBay.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Air Filter Replacement Acura TSX