FUEL GAUGE & TEMP GAUGE WILL NOT WORK

Chevrolet Impala

cleecom

August, 24, 2007 AT 9:27 PM

2004 chevy impala 3.4 sedan with 63k miles. I bought the car and did not notice the fuel gauge and the temp gauge are not responding; though the speedometer is working fine. The vehicle also had an after market radio and the factory radio was plugged in but placed in the trunk. It is also locked. I had the dealer install some sort of adapter to eliminate the factory radio so the comp will read the after market as its main head unit. How can I get the fuel gauge and the temp gauge to work? Thanks

M_H_RITZEL

August, 24, 2007 AT 10:27 PM

I may be wrong but the wiring I saw, the radio does not hook up to the computer, the one in the back trunk is the amplifier. As far as the fuel and temp guage, had the after market radio been fused into the fuse for the instrament panel fuse.

christiee

August, 27, 2007 AT 11:00 AM

I have the same problem, but my speedometer is not working either. And the the light for the P/N/D stuff.

M_H_RITZEL

August, 30, 2007 AT 3:07 PM

Check the grounds. Try adding a extra ground from the negative side of the battery to the frame, Not to good with computers but have seen with a ground problem it would mess up everything.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue