2006 Chevy Impala Problems with remote door locks

DCB3304
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA
When I aquired the vehicle just over a year ago, the remotes had a range of about 150' to unlock or remote start the car. I used to be able to remote start the car from inside the house but the range now is an unobstructed 15'. I have 3 remotes for the car and the range has decreased for all 3 of the remotes. I have changed the batteries in the remotes but no change of the distance. This is a LTZ model. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 AT 6:49 PM

RHALL77
I think there is a updated module for that concern. Remote keyless entry module. Call your local dealer they will know for sure
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008 AT 8:37 AM
BRIAN 1
This is what you want to do. Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed, Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Replace/Reprogram RCDLR, Replace Antenna and Transmitters)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

" The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

" The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

" The new RKE transmitter cannot be programmed.

" The remote keyless entry (RKE) and/or remote vehicle start (RVS) transmitter has poor range.
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) software/hardware. Replace the RCDLR module and the RCDLR antenna. You will also get 2 new remotes with the remote control door lock recevier.
+1
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008 AT 4:02 PM