2001 CHEVY IMPALA ACCELERATION, SHIFTS HARD, BRAKE CLICKS,

• blckcatkris
  • 2001 Chevrolet Impala

2001 Chevy Impala 4 cyl Automatic 99,000 miles

I am having multiple problems with my car at this moment. I thought my transmission was going out because one day I push on the gas and it feels like it's in neutral and then it shifted hard. It reversed normal though. I have taken it to a transmission place 3 different times but they didn't find anything wrong.
At the same time that happened my brake was clicking when I let off the brake. Never did it before until then.
Now, my cruise control stops working and then works again a different time. My automatic locks that unlock when I put car in park stops working occasionally. My engine light has come on (code was checked and nothing abnormal besides temperature sensor which was replaced.)
I can't explain quite right what it's doing when driving. Even when I had it in cruise control it felt like it was skipping, or gas stopped flowing to it, like I am letting off and on the accelerator. I turned off the air conditioner to see if that would make a difference, it seemed to make a difference as far as when I pushed on accelerator it actually was going normally it still shifted hard here and there but it actually had normal speed when putting pressure on accelerator. I put my car into 3rd gear for less then a minute and it didn't shift hard.
Is this something electrical?
Thanks for your time.

Friday, July 9th, 2010 AT 9:26 AM

• rasmataz

Hi blckcatkris, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the doantion.

Lets get the TPS and VSS checked and tested this 2 deals with the tranny's throttle and governor pressures- if okay could be a shifting solenoid hanging up, also you can try disconnecting the TCC splenoid and see what happens

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 3:57 PM