2000 Impala fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer not working

CHRISTIEE
  • 2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA

1. Make and Model of your Car
2000 Chevrolet Impala
2. Include the mileage
about 75,000
3. Automatic Transmission
4. 2 wheel drive

7. Past repair history if applicable
I just replaced the battery.

My car went into the dealership for about $3k of body work from a recent accident. When I got it back, it took a while to start and made a weird clicking noise. However, I got it started and took it to Murray's. They ran diagnostics on the battery and the cell was dead. I replaced the battery and everything seems fine. When I turned on the car, I noticed that the fuel gauge (registered at E), temperature controls, speedometer, odometer, and gear (P/N/D/.) Aren't working. I think I might have blown a fuse, but I'm not sure which fuse to change. If it something else, please let me know.

Monday, August 27th, 2007 AT 12:38 PM

MERLIN2021

After 3k in repairs.I think it should return to the shop! May need a new body control module. Or instrument cluster! Both are expensive!

Monday, August 27th, 2007 AT 1:19 PM
CHRISTIEE

I took it to the dealership, and it turns out that something was unplugged in the dashboard. But I had to pay for $100 for them to plug it back in.

So, no thanks to this board!

Don't donate your money to this forum because you're going to get a lame answer like I received from Merlin.

Thursday, August 30th, 2007 AT 2:52 PM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Fuel Level Not Working Questions