2006 Chevy HHR Head Gasket

SMOLLOY
  • 2006 CHEVROLET HHR

2006 Chevy HHR 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

I went to change my spark plugs and noticed a small amount of oil had leaked down into the number 2 plug area right from where the block and the head are connected. It appears to be my head gasket is leaking oil slightly. It appears I can readily get to all the bolts to remove the head, should I attempt this myself (do not have the funds for dealer repairs) and can you tell me what the bolts should be torqued back down to? Anything special I should know about changing this head gasket? I can do minor repairs, but never attempted a head gasket before. I can send a pic if needed.

Thank you so much for your help -
Steve

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 3:09 PM

DOCFIXIT

O.K.
What is leaking is not a head gasket it's the valve cover gasket. Yes you can do remove any wiring, cables in way then unbolt remove cover.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 3:33 PM
SMOLLOY

Oh my. How stupid am I. Yes, the valve cover gasket! Thank you thank you! Sending a donation - thanks for your help!

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM
DOCFIXIT

Thanks smolloy
Doc

Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 10:12 AM

Help us by donating