CHEVY HEAD GASKET

2006 Chevrolet HHR

smolloy

May, 29, 2009 AT 3:09 PM

2006 Chevy HHR 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

I went to change my spark plugs and noticed a small amount of oil had leaked down into the number 2 plug area right from where the block and the head are connected. It appears to be my head gasket is leaking oil slightly. It appears I can readily get to all the bolts to remove the head, should I attempt this myself (do not have the funds for dealer repairs) and can you tell me what the bolts should be torqued back down to? Anything special I should know about changing this head gasket? I can do minor repairs, but never attempted a head gasket before. I can send a pic if needed.

Thank you so much for your help -
Steve

Docfixit

May, 29, 2009 AT 3:33 PM

O.K.
What is leaking is not a head gasket it's the valve cover gasket. Yes you can do remove any wiring, cables in way then unbolt remove cover.

smolloy

May, 29, 2009 AT 3:37 PM

Oh my. How stupid am I. Yes, the valve cover gasket! Thank you thank you! Sending a donation - thanks for your help!

Docfixit

May, 30, 2009 AT 10:12 AM

Thanks smolloy
Doc

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement