2005 Chevy Express help me

CMPNY25
  • 2005 CHEVROLET EXPRESS
2005 Chevy Express

I have a 2005 Chevy Express van. I was driving home and the van totally died, I mean all of the power went out. There were no lights, the steering locked up, there wasn't even any power for the hazard lights. I got it towed to a shop where they told me that it was the alternator so I paid $550 to have that replaced. Not even 15 minutes after I picked the van up the same exact thing happened again. What do you think it could be? Is it a possibility that the battery needs to be replaced? I am now stranded out of state and am trying to get home. Please help me!
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 2:36 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I would of expected that the battery was tested, but if not it may be faulty, it should be load tested, and make sure all the terminals& earth leads or clean and tight.

Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 2:48 AM
HOGWILD99
Seems they would have done a diagnostic test to see if any trouble codes would have been stored in the ecm (engine control module)
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 AT 11:41 AM

Sponsored links