CHEVY BLOWER MOTOR

1999 Chevrolet Express

Winston56

July, 24, 2010 AT 7:11 PM

Heater problem
1999 Chevy Express V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200k miles

I was wondering what is the cause of the blower motor blowing only at high speed and not even shutting off when the ignition is turned off. This just started to happen. So, until I know the problem and fix it, I have pulled the wire plug from the blower motor.

The vehicle is a 99 Chevy Express Van 2500 with a 5.7litre engine and it is the front blower that has the problem(there is no rear blower in this cargo van that I know of).

Thanks in advance for your wise input.
Winston

obxautomedic

July, 24, 2010 AT 7:47 PM

Ok first off need little more info.

What size Express Van = 1500, 2500 or 3500

Also engine size in liters

Which unit is causing the problem front or rear?

.

Winston56

July, 24, 2010 AT 8:19 PM

The van is a Chevy Express 2500 with a 5.7 liter engine. The front blower fan is causing the problem.
To my knowledge there is no rear blower in the cargo van that I own.
Thanks,
Winston.

obxautomedic

July, 24, 2010 AT 9:06 PM

Ok, as far as the Fan Speed only working on high indicates the Blower Motor Resistor/Relay. It is located on the right side of the blower motor.

As far as it not shuting off when key is turned off never come across it. So would say there may be another relay but I am unable to located it. The only other relays listed are for the auxilary blower motor which is said to be located in the interior back driver side behind wheelwell.

.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe