1997 CHEVY EXPRESS POWER STEERING

• action jackson1960
  • 1997 Chevrolet Express

Steering problem
1997 Chevy Express V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

i replaced (repaired)power steering hose. After repair I have no power steering or power assistt (brakes). Fluid is full I have a manuel say's this is hydro stat system and must be Bled. But it does not tell me how please tell me what you think could be my problem?Thank you, Action

Saturday, December 6th, 2008 AT 3:58 PM

• action jackson1960

What you have to do is jack vehicle up and remove line where you repair it. Start it up and move thewheel back and forth all the way. This will take many turns of the wheel to completly bleed system but it will work the van in question is working fine now.I'm sorry you guys didn't get to my question but it's okay now. You now know what to tell anyone with this problem. Thankyou Tom Action

Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 8:43 PM
  • buddycraigg

I'm sorry no one got to your post before now.

But the people who make a donation get priority for our time. We answer the "free" questions as fast as we can once the donation questions are caught up.
Money makes the world go round (and keeps this site running).

What you did is SOP whenever you have to open up the hydraulic system of the power steering for just about every car. Even without hydro boost brakes.

Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 12:05 AM