2005 CHEVY EQUINOX WATER IN THE SPARE TIRE WELL

• threehubcaps
  • 2005 Chevrolet Equinox

Interior problem
2005 Chevy Equinox 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

I looked up our problem online and found other owners with similar problems. We have water leaking into our spare tire wheel well, which is fully enclosed. It is almost filled to the top. When we hit the brakes it sloshes over to go underneath the car, which is now soaking into the interior carpet on the ground and causing standing water and mold. Another online owner had said that their dealer diagnosed the problem from a missing pressure cabin release valve cover. Where would we find this area of the car to see if it is missing in ours?

Thursday, January 15th, 2009 AT 2:06 AM

• Jack42

I found a TSB (Tech Service Bulletin) about water in the spare tire well. It says a lack of body sealant on the rear fascia is the cause. I will include the pic of where it needs to be applied

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/1639_equinox_1.jpg

Thursday, January 15th, 2009 AT 8:07 AM
  • efichtenmayer

I took my equinox into the dealer and they siliconed the seal and replaced the carpeting that was under the spare tire. This is a know issue with equinox's and the dealer should take care of this.

Edward

Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 AT 12:20 AM