CHEVY POSSIBLE AWD PROBLEMS

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

lucky_7_dog

February, 15, 2009 AT 9:56 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2005 Chevy Equinox 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

ONCE I HIT 50 MPH MY EQUINOX INSTANTLY STARTS SHAKING. IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE AN UNBALANCEDTIRE BUT IT WILL CONTINUE TO SHAKE CONSISTANTLY AT ANY SPEED UNTIL IT SLOWS DOWN PAST 40 MPH IT WILL INSTANTLY STOP. IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE THE AWD IS KICKING ON AND STAYING ON UNTIL SPEED SLOWS TO 40 MPH AND THEN INSTANTLY KICKS OFF. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF OR EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

birol

July, 19, 2009 AT 2:25 AM

I have the same problem on my 06 equinox. The drive shaft center bearing is gone. While the part is on backorder, I got a rental car from my gm service and we dont know when they will get the part.I heard it could take 2 months. I already missed my nox, but there is nothing I can do

cloverboy9

July, 23, 2009 AT 9:14 PM

My 06 Equinox has the same problem with the carrier bearing. Unfortunately I'm 6 months out of warranty, and at 41,000 miles dumbfounded why this part went bad. I too am on the waiting list and was told three months or more. Chevy doesn't care. No rental, no loaner, nothing! Lodge a complaint with the NHTSA Office of Defect Investigations. If enough people complain, maybe they will be forced to admit the design is bad and issue a recall. There are ALOT of people with the same problem.

nmmiller4481

July, 31, 2010 AT 6:21 PM

My 2005 Chevy Equinox is just shy of 46,000 miles and I just had to have the U joint and bearings replaced on my drive shaft. The Chevy authorized repair place I took it to told me there were places that the U joint and bearings were completely rusted out. There wasn't much rust on the rest of the underside of the car, just there by the drive shaft. Close to $600 dollars to repair!

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement