1985 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic
I HAVE A TYPE OF SHORT THAT KILL MY BATTERY, IN TWO DAYS IF I DO NOT REMOVED THE FUSE. THE FUSE THAT I HAVE TO REMOVED IS THE ONE THAT CONTROL THE RADIO AND THE LIGHT INSIDE THE CAR. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? I DID NOT MAKE ANY TYPE OF REPAIR THAT WOULD CAUSE THAT. I HAD CHECK WITH MY MECHANIC IND HE TELL ME THAT I HAVE A ISSUE WHEN I OPEN THE DOORS. I HAVE ABOUT 4.5 AMP ON HIS METER.
You need to check and see if any of your doorswitches have broken off at the back in the door post. You may have a wire that is grounding out anddrawing your battery down. Theseoperate your courtesy lights insidethe car as well as an underhood light if you have one. I forgot it's been a while. Also if someone has hooked up a radio or security system they may have tapped into that wire and it may be causing it now.