TIMING CHAIN ON CHEVY

Chevrolet Corsica

Frances

February, 6, 2007 AT 9:06 AM

Chevy Corsica, 1996; 200, 00 miles; 4 cyl.

A few weeks ago, I had to have the timing chain replaced. The car was running fine up until this time. Since it has been replaced, my car is running rough. It idles rough, uses excessive gas, tries to die at stops. I was wondering if you could tell me what might be causing it to run like this after having the timing chain replaced.

Thanks.

hryk2646

February, 6, 2007 AT 11:26 AM

Well lets see if I can help you. It sounds like the Camshaft and crankshaft sprocket marks wasn't alighned up when installed. The Haynes Auto Repair Manual shows a good picture of this. Hope this helps.
Ray

hryk2646

February, 6, 2007 AT 12:04 PM

How does your car run when your on the freeway?
Ray

Frances

February, 6, 2007 AT 12:09 PM

My car runs fine while I am driving. It is only when it is idling, when I first start it or come to a stop, that it seems rough.

hryk2646

February, 6, 2007 AT 12:26 PM

You may have a different problem. The TCC solenoid
Here's what you do. Look at the tranny, on the side you will see a plug two wires go into it. Left of battery and below the air intake. Unplug it then drive it. If it improves the running of the car you need a new one.
Thats what my car did. I replaced it. A bad TCC willl affect your gas milage. Not uncommon. Hope that helps.
Ray

Frances

February, 6, 2007 AT 12:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I will look and see if I can figure out what to disconnect!

Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue