CHEVY WIRING DIAGRAM

1996 Chevrolet Corsica

b-e-a-u

October, 3, 2008 AT 7:49 PM

1996 Chevy Corsica 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Engine fan shorts out. Causes fuse to blow. Straight wired fan to battery. Fuse blows everytime. Replaced fuse. Car still will not operate. Hooked wire up that was used on the fan, and the car will start. I need a wiring diagram to trace down my problems. Leading to the fuse boxes under the hood, and also the ones on the inside of the car, on the driver's side of the car.
I'm wanting to know was this a recall situation on the problem with this type of vehicle.

Grand Wiring Problem

ImpalaSS

October, 3, 2008 AT 10:27 PM

Didn't see any technical service bulletins or recalls for this. If I understand you right you said you went right from the fan motor to the battery and the fuse blew. Wouldn't that be an indication that the motor was bad and possible shorting out internally? Fan motor at Auto Zone about $37.00. Have you also looked at the wire very close to ensure it doesn't have a bare spot touching something? I believe there is a protective shield around several wires that needs to be peeled back and ever inch really looked at. What about the fan relay.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Fan_Relay_2.jpg

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5