CHEVY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

1995 Chevrolet Corsica

ahsnqgpn

Engine problem
1995 Chevy Corsica 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 819900 miles

My check ignintion light stays on or is steady and the car is shaking whenever I finally get it started. It has a poping sound that is coming from the exhaust and I just had the caddillac converter taking off completly. If the PVS valve is connected the care wont start. What problem or problems am I possibly facing?

mastertechtim

You could be flooding out severely and when the pcv is disconnected its a huge vacuum leak. Or it could go the other way and your exhaust is plugged. Why was the converter removed? If it was broken the pieces could have filled the muffler. Check back with us.

ahsnqgpn

The caddilac convert was removed at a muffler shop after a mechanic noticed that it was malfunction the solution to that that he gave me was that he ran a straight pipe for the exhaust. I thought that this is what they do to knewer vehicles and I questioned that myself. What should I do about resolving my problem?