CHEVY MISFIRE CODE

2006 Chevrolet Colorado

pacman251

December, 20, 2008 AT 9:26 PM

2006 Chevy Colorado 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 30,000 miles

I have a 06 Colorado 2.8 liter and my service engine light came on a few days ago and I put a code scanner on it and it came up P0300 which is a random misfire. I then cleared the code and today the light came back on again with the same code. Is it ok to drive or do I need to get it repaired quickly? And what might be the causing the code?

brian 1

December, 20, 2008 AT 9:51 PM

What cylinder was the missfire, or cylinders?Was it missfiring at Idle?Need more info, because there are several bulletins for this problem. If it is a single cylinder missfire I want you to swap it with a good coil on the vehicle and see if it changes to that cylinder. If it does not we have to go in a different direction.04-06 colorado's had ALOT of cylinder head problems with the intake valves sticking causing a light missfire at idle. I've replaced ALOT of cylinder heads on these vehicles. Post back with what you find.