CHEVY TURN SIGNAL CLICK STOPS WHEN BRAKE IS P

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

phattyjay

May, 7, 2010 AT 8:01 AM

2004 Chevy Colorado

My turn signal clicking noise gets bypassed when I push my break pedal down. When I press my brake, the turn signal click sound will click once when I push the brake down and then when I let the brake up it will make the sound again. When I’m sitting at a stop light with my left turn signal, the turn light will work, but the turn signal noise will not work until I let up off of the brake pedal. It also seems that the right turn signal is dimly lit periodically when the brake is pressed.

hmac300

May, 16, 2010 AT 5:52 PM

Check your grounds on the tailights. That may be why the one is dim. If not you might have a bad flasher.

phattyjay

May, 17, 2010 AT 6:42 AM

I found the problem. It was a faulty pack for my trailer hitch lights. Once that was taken off and replaced, all was well. Thanks for the reply!

hmac300

May, 17, 2010 AT 1:12 PM

Glad you got it fixed, next time let us know if you have atrailer conection as well. Also when you have a trailer alot of times you need a more powerful flasher to operate the system.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro