BLOWING FLUID OUT THE TRANSMISSION VENT

Chevrolet Cheyenne

Ron Yoder

November, 12, 2007 AT 5:33 PM

I have a 93 Cheyenne 1/2 ton, 2wd, 114.000 miles. The transmission works great shifts great, no slippage etc. It does however blow fluid out the overflow vent, I have to add every 75 miles or so. I checked with the tranny shop and they said it needs a complete rebuild, for $1,200 that doesn't male sense to me. If it is shifting great and not slipping why should it need a complete rebuild? Thanks!

Jack42

November, 13, 2007 AT 8:10 AM

Somethings not right if it blows fluid out of the vent. Are you checking hte fluid with it idling in park? If so then the trans is probably going to need a tear-down at minimum to see whats wrong.

Ron Yoder

November, 13, 2007 AT 4:23 PM

Didn't give an answer! I could have gotten that answer at walmart FREE! Of course i'm checking the fluid level with the truck running at operating temperature, in park!

Jack42

November, 13, 2007 AT 5:33 PM

Dont get mad at me because your truck needs a trans!

Ron Yoder

November, 13, 2007 AT 10:29 PM

Dont bash me dude I answered your question now send me $10 bucks. I did better than you! Why dont you refund my donation I sure didn't get my moneys worth!

Jack42

November, 14, 2007 AT 7:31 AM

Ron, usually when they blow fluid out it is from overfilling, foaming, heat, the last of which will cause the foaming. Could be the trans is coming apart inside and it has caused a restirction in the cooler, creating excessive heat and thus blowing it out the vent. I have seen them work perfectly right up until they break and dont work at all. I would have it looked at, if it does eventually have a big failure it could damage the case, thus costing you more to fix it

Ron Yoder

November, 14, 2007 AT 7:36 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the response!
Ron

Jack42

November, 14, 2007 AT 11:08 AM

No problem

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement