• jsohn
  • 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

1969 Chevy Chevelle V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 60000 miles

I am 16 and have worked on cars my whole life so I am relativly familiar with them. I have totally rebuilt and miced engines. I have an old chevelle. Is there any way to install a supercharger or supercharger (or any other kind of forced induction) in the chevelle? It has a 4 barrel carb. I have installed turbos on fuel injected cars but I dont know how to do it to a car with a carberator. When I looked it up online I kept getting reffered to something called a "tophat". What is this? Thanks,

Friday, May 28th, 2010 AT 7:29 PM

• hmac300

Your whole life huh, lol. A top hat is the piece that goes over the carb so the forced induction will work. But you had better make sure your compression ratio is below 9.0 o ryou will have all kinds of trouble, like blowing headgaskets/rods, etc. Look around for kits that are made for a small block or big block chevy whatever engine it is you are working on. You will probably end up putting a universal kit on though. Good luck.

Thursday, June 10th, 2010 AT 2:09 PM