1969 Chevy Chevelle Engine Oil

TOMMYBOI07
  • 1969 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE

1969 Chevy Chevelle V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual

I found a creamy silver substance on my dipstick and in the oil. What would cause this? If i'm not mistaken this is a serious problem, correct?

Monday, May 24th, 2010 AT 11:48 PM

MHPAUTOS

Hi there, Are you loosing any coolant? And do you do mainly short trips on average?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 1:23 AM
TOMMYBOI07

No, I am not losing any coolant at all. Yes, I am taking it on short trips because I found that silver substance in the oil and I do not want to cause any more damage. I've been told it could be crank bearings, or the crankshaft. The oil is not creamy like milk. Its just got a silver substance in it.

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 8:51 PM
MHPAUTOS

Hi there.

I would change the oil & filter and take an oil sample to get it analysed, trucking Co's and larger fleets often have this test done, now as I am in Australia I do not know who would do this where you live, but I would be contacting a major truck repairer and asking who they use for oil analysis.

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 9:48 PM