TROUBLE CODES

• 85Cav
  • Chevrolet Cavalier

1985 Chevy Cavalier 200k+ miles engine code " P" 2.0L ohv with model 300 tbi. My question is this, what would cause a trouble code of 22 (low voltage at the TPS). I took my car to the carwash and cleaned the engine compartment for the next step in my upgrade/repair process. Afterwards it started running rough, figured something got wet, and drove it for a few days. Looked for wet components, and checked all vacume / electrical connections I could find. &Quot; check engine" light comes on intermittantly and has a trouble code stored as code 22. Would an 02 sensor cause this? What do you think would cause this?

Tuesday, March 6th, 2007 AT 3:29 AM

• CHEVYII

Hi
if the tps is fauly this could cause the code, if you have a test light check the hot side and see if you have 5 volts wide open throttle, if the feed is good most likely the tps is bad

Jim

Tuesday, March 13th, 2007 AT 2:50 PM