2004 Chevy Cavalier

CARRIEMILLSAP
  • 2004 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
2004 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am having trouble with my car starting. It will turn over but not start. We have replaced the fuel pump and the Relay and the Fuel Pump isn't getting power to run what can cause this
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 12:08 PM

RACEFAN966
I would first check the fuel pump injection fuse. It is in the fuse box inside the car and is a 15 amp fuse. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.
Thursday, June 25th, 2009 AT 9:35 AM
CARRIEMILLSAP
My grandpa Check all the fuses inside the car and under the hood, there is a new fuel filter. Relay has been changed. Don't know what else to do.
Thursday, June 25th, 2009 AT 12:28 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok now what I need you to do is check for power at the fuel pump relay. Now you will need to hook up a test light to the pink wire at the relay and turn the key on engine off do you have power there? If not then check the fuel pump injection fuse 15 amp, it is in the fuse box inside the car. If there is power there then I need you to turn the key off and now hook up to the dark green wire with the white stripe, now turn the key on engine off see if there is power it should have power for about 3 seconds or so, if that is good then crank it like you are going to start it does it power back up? If this is good then turn key back off and hook up to the gray wire and now turn the key on engine off does it have power for about 3 seconds? If so then go to crank like you are going to start it does the power come back on? Let me know how this goes and we will take it from there. What this will determine is weather or not the pump is recieving the power needed at the right times. Thanks and get back to me with the results.
Friday, June 26th, 2009 AT 10:03 AM
CARRIEMILLSAP
My grandpa checked everything that you told us to do on the last reply and it got power to all the wires. But the car is still not working. What next
Tuesday, June 30th, 2009 AT 12:52 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok I need you to check the gray wire at the fuel pump and hook up a volt meter set on the 20 volt scale and then turn the key on engine off and see if there is power there for 3 sec. Then crank it and see if there power, let me know what the voltage is if there is any. Then I need you to check the ground to the fuel pump, it is under the car just below the area of the front seat attached to the frame make sure it is not broke and has a good clean contact. Let me know what you find. Sorry it took so long to get back to you I went camping for the weekend with my family. Thanks.
Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 8:52 AM