CHEVY NOISE WENT YOU HIT A BUMP ON ROAD

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

automan

April, 11, 2008 AT 10:50 PM

Suspension problem
2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85.000 miles

went I hit a bump on road you hear this noise coming from left rear wheel, check the exhaust it ok, do these cars have problem with there rear strut mount, what to look for if so how to change

Service Writer

April, 12, 2008 AT 5:37 AM

Very first thing I would check is for a problem with the muffler hitting the body. The muffler straps rot on these. Use can recreate it by moving the muffler up and down. IF not, I would look into replacing the rear shock mounts, might as well replace the shocks at the same time.

automan

April, 12, 2008 AT 8:47 PM

Hi if itake the rear shock mounts off what to look for, in this strut mount for the problen noise

Service Writer

April, 13, 2008 AT 6:40 AM

The way we verify as best as possible is to stick someone in the trunk and drive it over bumps. The guy in the trunk can feel where the noise is coming from. IF I'm going through the trouble of pullin one off to look at it on my car, I'm replacing them completely with a quick strut.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_shcok_1.jpg

automan

April, 20, 2008 AT 11:06 PM

[quote=" automan" ]Suspension problem
2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45.000 mile. Hi how do you get the rubber boot from the rear sturt, is there a bearing under that rubber everthing ele is removed

Service Writer

April, 21, 2008 AT 8:33 AM

There is no bearing in the rear as it does not turn such as the front does.

Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper