CHEVY WHEEL HUB AND BRAKE ROTOR

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

kare.bear00

September, 13, 2008 AT 9:14 AM

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Automatic 60000 miles

My car was making a growling noise when I would turn to the left- my male friend said that the wheel hub bearing sounded like it needed to be replaced- I took it into a local repair shop. They put it a new wheel hub & bearing. But as soon as I took it home, when I step on the brakes the brake pedal vibrates really hard and the car shake and now it makes a squeeking sound all the time when I drive- sqweek, sqweek, sqweek. I complained to the man who fixed it- My male friend said sounds like they may have damaged by brake rotor as they have to take it off to put the wheel hub on. The man at the repair shop claims that the rotor has to work back into its groove and this is normal- I disagree as well as my male friend- his words were" he is full of it'. Who is right. I read that rotors are suppose to be smooth.

rhall77

September, 14, 2008 AT 1:56 PM

They overtighten the wheel and warped the rotor. I would suggest replacing both front ones. They are not that expensive

Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement