1998 CHEVY CAVALIER TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY

• dvmerrill
  • 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am replacing a damaged tranmission pan on a 1998 cavalier, 4cyl, 4 speed auto. There is no dipstick, the check hole is impossible to get to with the car level. How many quarts of fluid? Thanks

Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 10:54 AM

• saturntech9

What model is it?Rs ls etc. Let me know and ill get u the info u need.

Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 1:44 PM
  • dvmerrill

Thanks, It is a 1998 cavalier, 4 door base sedan, 2.2L, 4 speed auto. Manual says 4 quarts but I think that's for a 3 speed auto.

+1
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 10:48 AM
  • saturntech9

[quote="dvmerrill"]

Thanks, It is a 1998 cavalier, 4 door base sedan, 2.2L, 4 speed auto. Manual says 4 quarts but I think that's for a 3 speed auto.[/Quote

its says for 4speed transmission fluid capicity not owner service able with a bulletine number I looked it up and all the bulletine says is use dexron VI instead of dexron III when u refill it.I found it for u it says for 4speed pan removal 7.4 qts and 3speed pan removal 4.0qts. Let me know how it goes.

+1
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 2:36 PM
  • dvmerrill

[quote="saturntech9"]

its says for 4speed transmission fluid capicity not owner service able with a bulletine number I looked it up and all the bulletine says is use dexron VI instead of dexron III when u refill it.I found it for u it says for 4speed pan removal 7.4 qts and 3speed pan removal 4.0qts. Let me know how it goes.[/Quote:7f8de51616]

i'm waiting for parts, but i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 3:23 PM