CHEVY TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

dvmerrill

January, 26, 2010 AT 10:54 AM

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am replacing a damaged tranmission pan on a 1998 cavalier, 4cyl, 4 speed auto. There is no dipstick, the check hole is impossible to get to with the car level. How many quarts of fluid? Thanks

saturntech9

What model is it?Rs ls etc. Let me know and ill get u the info u need.

dvmerrill

January, 27, 2010 AT 10:48 AM

Thanks, It is a 1998 cavalier, 4 door base sedan, 2.2L, 4 speed auto. Manual says 4 quarts but I think that's for a 3 speed auto.

saturntech9

[quote=" dvmerrill" ]

Thanks, It is a 1998 cavalier, 4 door base sedan, 2.2L, 4 speed auto. Manual says 4 quarts but I think that's for a 3 speed auto.[/Quote

its says for 4speed transmission fluid capicity not owner service able with a bulletine number I looked it up and all the bulletine says is use dexron VI instead of dexron III when u refill it.I found it for u it says for 4speed pan removal 7.4 qts and 3speed pan removal 4.0qts. Let me know how it goes.

dvmerrill

[quote=" saturntech9" ]

its says for 4speed transmission fluid capicity not owner service able with a bulletine number I looked it up and all the bulletine says is use dexron VI instead of dexron III when u refill it.I found it for u it says for 4speed pan removal 7.4 qts and 3speed pan removal 4.0qts. Let me know how it goes.[/Quote: 7f8de51616]

i'm waiting for parts, but i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement