CHEVY THEFT SYSTEM?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

anam427

October, 21, 2008 AT 1:24 PM

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 89,000 miles

Driving down the the road my car completly died. Engine stalled and would not restart. All electrical systems are still working fine. It cranks but will not start. I dont think its the fiuel pump because I can still hear it prime when I turn the key just before trying to start it. Do you think it could be the theft system? If so how to I go about resetting it and fixing it?

rhall77

October, 21, 2008 AT 4:18 PM

Could be the theft system is the light on. Are you sure you have gas and your fuel level sender isnt bad.

Adrian_H

October, 27, 2008 AT 11:02 AM

I have the same problem as anam427. The car runs great all summer and during very cold winter months but every spring and summer the car won't start, but will turn over. It does sometimes happen while driving. I have replaced the fuel pump, bypassed the theft system, and replaced the ignition module and coil packs to try to fix the problem, but still have problems. The fuel pump is working and there is spark. The check engine light only comes on during these times. Today it started and seemed way out of time, pinging and idling rough, then died, during this time the gauges twitched and jumped and the check engine light flickered. Is my computer bad? How can I tell, otherwise any ideas?

rhall77

October, 27, 2008 AT 11:49 AM

What code do you have. And what do you mean you bypassed the security system

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang