1995 Chevy Cavalier Can a bad FPR cause a Fuel injector to

BEAMISH417
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
1995 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl

Recently bought a 95 Cavalier and yesterday I did some routine maintenance. I replaced the air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs.

However this morning the car would not start and I noticed it smelled as if it were flooded. Upon inspecting under the hood I noticed gas leaking from the fuel injector closest to the fuel pressure regulator.

Being on a tight budget I plan on doing the repairs myself and was wanting some input on this. Could a bad fuel pressure regulator cause the o-ring on just one injector to leak? All I can afford right now is to either replace the FPR along with the leaking injector, or the FPR and the o-rings on all four injectors.
Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 9:44 AM

JACK42
I would just replace what is necessary. Injector leaks are common on those engines, anditis th einjector that is bad, not just the seal. A new A/C Delco injector will come with the necessary o'rings to do the job. You wil also need aTorx socket to remove the retainer holding the injectors in the fuel rail. To check the regulator, remove vacuuum line and see if any fuel is present, if so replace it as well
Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 8:49 PM