OIL PRESSURE DROPS DURING IDLE

Chevrolet Camaro

remnont

May, 26, 2007 AT 11:12 PM

I have a 82 camaro with a 350 that I just rebuilt I put a brand new oil pump my problem is that the oil pressure at idle drops down really low below 10 psi but when rev up even a little bit the oil pressure goes up to about 20 psi but that is it I have already checked the gauge and it works fine I checked the oil filter and it was good also I am stumped any help you can give would be great

oneillsurfer69

June, 2, 2007 AT 11:20 PM

As far as I know there is actuall nothing wrong it is normal when I idle my pressure goes down and so does my battery but as soon as I touch the gas its fine my friend has a firebird formula and also another friend with a camro all do the same

golembesky

June, 5, 2007 AT 7:25 PM

Sounds like the main bearing clearances are too big, thats why its not holding pressure.

e40water12

June, 8, 2007 AT 4:00 AM

Well if youre oil pressure gauge is reading 0 at idle its normal, Its really reading 5psi, Its when you are driving down the road, its not working, reving it at idle, Then somehting is wrong, I would check or replace the oil pressure switch, check the wiring harness, hopefully that corrects things for you.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe