WIPERS PARK IN MIDDLE OF WINDSHIELD

2000 Chevrolet Camaro

shellyc

July, 15, 2007 AT 9:42 PM

My windshield wipers stop in the middle of my windshield. They won't park where they are supposed to. I was told to replace the wiper motor. That was done and they still won't park properly. Tried resetting by unplugging the battery. They still won't park. My car is a 2000 camaro (not ss or z28) with a 3.8L engine. Please advise me of what else it could be. I am at the end of my rope with this. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Shelly

yzfrider

August, 6, 2007 AT 7:33 PM

Not sure if this helps or not, but some cars have a relay that allows the owner to purposely make their wipers stop like that (allowing owners in cold weather areas to keep their wipers from freezing to the windows). Ford Taurus' and Probe's are famous for the problem. With the Probe, you could unplug the relay and plug it in backwards to change where the wipers stopped. You might want to see if your Camaro has a similar feature.

Windshield Wiper Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape