1995 Chevy Camaro Problem with finding vacuum hoses

NATODD00
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAMARO
I own a 95 Camaro 3.4L and am having problems with the a/c. No matter what setting I turn the a/c on, I only get air flow from the defrost vent and the floor vents. For example, I turn on the a/c to 'Max' and I only feel the air coming out of the defrost and the floor vents, not the vents that its supposed to be coming out of. It does this when the heat is turned on as well. A friend of mine suggested that it could be a leak within one of the vacuum hoses. If this is true, can you tell me where to find these hoses so I can check them? If not, what could be the problem?
Monday, July 28th, 2008 AT 3:23 PM

DOCFIXIT
Located on the master select switch in dash. First look for a vac line coming through firewall. On pass side see if you can find. See if it is connected and vac on line. If so pull m/switch check the vac select switch to see if vac is there then switch must provide vac to different acuators as you change modes.
Monday, July 28th, 2008 AT 3:40 PM
KLSHIEL
The problem is a flow control door is not working behind your dash. The door diverts flow to the vent indicated. I am not sure if your system is vacuum or electrical. If it is vacuum start at the motor. The vacuum lines will be in the vacuum brake booster system. The vacuum brake booster is a rounded container behind the brake master cylinder. Follow the lines to see which one goes into the firewall. The line to the door will be in the same area under your dash. If it is electrical it may be a fuse, connection, or the motor on the door.
Monday, July 28th, 2008 AT 3:43 PM
D5NUKE
Pull your control knob off these cars have crappy knobs. Look at it and you will see a metal insert it slips inside of the plastic knob and you will be stuck in defrost mode. Also pull your glove box out and you will see a flapper valve with a cable going to it have some one move the knob and look to see if the shaft is turning closing and opening the valve.I f not the knob is slipping or the cable from the control knob section is not pulling the valve.I had the exact same problem and went through the whole vac system and finally turned the knob while watching the valve and found the knob was slipping. New knob and all works.I have a94 model and it is controlled by a cable. Not the vac system for the flapper.I hated how it always blew hot air at my feet and I live in Florida and it was hell. Lol
Saturday, August 2nd, 2008 AT 8:22 PM