GAS NEEDLE

Chevrolet Blazer

sheltime

February, 27, 2007 AT 10:17 AM

Chevy Blazer 99 new engine 4.3l

My gas needle on the blazer was not working. I replaced the sending unit and it's still has not working. I was told by the shop that it has to be the gas gauage on the instrument cluster. Could I fix this without buying an instrument cluster or could it be something else.

schiz

February, 27, 2007 AT 10:55 AM

I wish I had an answer. I have a 71 Dodge Dart with the same problem. I replaced the gas tank and the sending unit and still not worky. Not sure if it's a vacuum thing or not so hopefully you'll get your question answered and mine too.

Good day.

February, 27, 2007 AT 1:52 PM

Find the wire at the sending unit, ground it and see what happens to confirm the gas gauge.

schiz

February, 27, 2007 AT 2:00 PM

I had a shop put in the tank/sending unit. Is the wire visible from laying under the car? If so, ground it and that should make the needle jump up with gas in it of course. If it doesn't jump up, then what could it be?

Thanks.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon